Resource Pack: Civil War: 1862November 5th, 2013
14th November 2013
Press / Business Contact
Civil War: 1862 is the prequel to the highly acclaimed Civil War: 1863, incorporating the detailed strategic gameplay of the original while adding major new features and improvements such as flank attacks and strategic movement. Melee combat has also been given greater emphasis and the range of troop quality has been expanded to include elite units.
The game gives a unique wargaming experience on iPhone and iPad and includes 14 historical battles from the American Civil War in 1862, thirteen of which can be played as either side. Five additional campaigns featuring many more historical battles are also available via in-app purchase.
- High Definition Civil War Era Graphics
- 8 Mission 'Tutorial' Campaign including: Fort Donelson: Break-Out
- 5 Mission 'Fix Bayonets' Campaign including: Fort Donelson: Assault, Valverde, Leetown, Elkhorn Tavern and First Kernstown
- 8 Mission 'Steel and Thunder' Campaign including: Pigeon's Ranch, Lee's Mill, Shiloh: The Hornet’s Nest, Shiloh Church, Yorktown: Dam No. 1, Williamsburg, Eltham's Landing and McDowell: Bull Pasture River
- The Tutorial is played as the Union side. All other missions can be played as both sides
- 8 Unique Civil War Units, Infantry with Muskets, Infantry with Rifled Muskets, Artillery, Generals, Wagons, Naval Gunboats, Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry
- Four classes of infantry - Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite
- Different infantry formations: unformed, line for shooting and column for charging!
- Detailed Combat Analysis
- Flank Attacks
- Strategic Movement
- Hours of Gameplay
- Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards
- Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad)
Purchasable Extra Content:
- 8 Mission 'Colossus' Campaign including: Front Royal, First Winchester, Hanover Court House, Seven Pines: Casey’s Redoubt, Seven Pines: Sumner's Fight, Cross Keys, Port Republic and Oak Grove.
- 8 Mission 'Fresh Troops' campaign including: Beaver Dam Creek, Gaines’ Mill, Garnett’s Farm, Seven Pines: Allen's Farm, Savage's Station, Glendale, Malvern Hill and Cedar Mountain.
- 8 Mission 'Death and Glory' campaign including: Lone Jack, First Rappahannock, Manassas Station, Second Bull Run: The Farm, Second Bull Run: Stony Ridge, Richmond, Chantilly and Munfordville.
- 8 Mission 'Broken Line' campaign including: Iuka, First Newtonia, Second Corinth, Hatchie Bridge, Perryville, Peters Hill, Old Fort Wayne and Cane Hill.
- 8 Mission 'Shot and Shell' campaign comprising a series on non-historical game challenges.