Eldevin Desktop Client ReleasedJuly 10th, 2014
View Resource Pack
Press / Business Contact
Free to Play
Elgin, Scotland - July 10th, 2014 - Patch 1.16 for Eldevin has arrived, bringing new content, new systems and most importantly, the long-awaited Desktop Client for the game. Previously Eldevin was only playable in-browser, but now players can experience the game in a way they haven't been able to before now. The client also lays down some preparatory work for the hardware rendering engine, which will bring better graphics, a huge increase in framerate and improved overall performance. We expect to release the hardware renderer in a few weeks’ time, and it will in turn pave the way for Eldevin launching on Steam. Along with the Desktop Client, Patch 1.16 also adds a Story Mode version to two of the game's dungeons, giving players the option to enter a rebalanced version of the dungeon which can be completed solo and offering retuned loot appropriate to their level and challenge. We've already received good feedback about the Story Mode dungeons, and we plan to rework every dungeon in the game to offer a Story Mode version. We're also teasing some details about Patch 1.17, which is scheduled for next week, and will add mounts to the game. Players will be able to obtain mounts from a variety of places, both in-game and through the Eldevin store. We'll be confirming exact details on these next week. The official patch notes are as follows: Desktop Client Now Available
- The downloadable client is now officially released for the following platforms:
- Windows (64 bit)
- Windows (32 bit)
- Mac OSX
- Players can now use their social accounts (Facebook / Twitter / Google / Steam) to log into the game using the downloadable client.
- Note : This version doesn't include the hardware rendering however it's been designed to automatically patch to this when it's ready in a few weeks time.
- Added a new Solo Dungeon mode - currently available for 'The Boondocks' and 'The Vault'.
- 4 New Weekly Quests have been added to the 'Bochdaen Tombs'
- The quest requirements for entering 'The Vault' have been removed.
- World Boss kills are now tracked in a stat.
- All obelisk buffs now persist through death.
- Crafted food is no longer on sale in the Golden Tankard.
- All seeds are now split-able.
- The abilities panel has been revamped to allow future expansion.
- Added a vanity chest to the Eldevin Shop that will store only vanity items.
- Gathering and Crafting Boosters have been replaced with Skill Boosters in the Eldevin Shop that benefit both parts of profession experience gain.
- Players will no longer get stuck in combat with the Wraith Snake. Fixed an issue with Decisive Blows sometimes granting incorrect critical values for Ruin and Bane.
- Fixed an issue where Gaoler Brin would go aggressive but remain un-attackable.
- Fixed an issue with Talents that generate bonus threat not always combining values together correctly.
- Fixed an issue with Warm Touch not always healing for correct value.
- Fixed an issue where Rested Experience was being granted slower than expected.
- Fixed an issue where the Ohdar Rokfoot were not contributing to the Ohdar Rokfoot kills stat.
- The vanity Infernal Guard Pants have had their type corrected from Vanity Feet to Vanity Legs.
- Fixed settings not saving on non-Windows machines. NOTE: The first time you login it won't load your old settings. Things affected are email/session/bag positions.
- Fixed a typo where the LFG queue would display the wrong error message.
- We're looking to add mounts to the game, players will be able to learn to ride from a trainer in Eldevin City for a gold cost. Mounts will be bought, looted or earned via achievements. We're planning to release some images of them over the coming days.
- We're also planning on adding new rare items to many loot tables throughout the game that will feature multi-class stats (i.e. swords with sorcery based stats). These items will be completely randomly generated rather than just the bonus stats like the current world boss loot.