Ancient Battle: Hannibal for iOS and MacAugust 21st, 2014
Elgin, Scotland 21st August, 2014
Ancient Battle: Hannibal, the latest strategy wargame from Hunted Cow Studios and HexWar, is available now on iOS via the App Store, priced at $0.99/£0.69/€0.89 and the Mac App Store, priced at $6.99/£4.99/€5.99. The Mac version contains two extra campaigns which are only available as in-app purchases for the iOS version. The game is a major upgrade to the system developed for Ancient Battle: Rome, a game that was the No.1 strategy game on the App Store in 8 countries.
Grognard.com describes Ancient Battle: Hannibal as “One of the most stunning simulations I have ever laid eyes on.” The game introduces many new game features, including multi-level hills to elevate your strategic opportunities when commanding vast armies.
Hannibal Barca was arguably the greatest general of the ancient world. Feared and respected across the ancient world, at the height of his power he commanded an army that brought Rome to its knees. Ancient Battle: Hannibal allows you to follow in his footsteps and re-fight many of the pivotal battles of the Punic Wars between Carthage and Rome.
The game features a tutorial campaign and two full campaigns, with two more available via in-app purchases. Each campaign highlights pivotal battles from Hannibal’s career, including the decisive battles of Cannae and Lake Trasimene, the battle of Ilipa and his ultimate defeat at Zama. Players can also relive battles from the First Punic War, including the battle of Bagradas.
Ultimately, Hannibal was defeated, but with Ancient Battle: Hannibal, players have the opportunity to rewrite the history books and out-do one of the greatest generals in history.
Key Game Features:
- High Definition Ancient Era Graphics.
- 7 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign ending with a unique skirmish battle.
- 4 Mission 'Sicily' campaign, featuring battles from the First Punic War, including the battle of Bagradas.
- 8 Mission 'Italy' campaign featuring the decisive battles of Lake Trasimene and Cannae.
- 4 Mission 'Africa' campaign, featuring Hannibal's major defeat at the great battle of ‘Zama’. (included in the Mac version, available via in-app purchase on iOS)
- 6 Mission 'Spain' campaign, ending the with the battle of Ilipa. (included in the Mac version, available via in-app purchase on iOS)
- All missions, except the tutorial, can be played as both sides.
- 38 Unique Ancient units including Roman Hastati, Spanish Scutarii, Bolt Throwers and Elephants.
- Four classes of infantry: Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
- Detailed Combat Analysis.
- Flank Attacks
- Strategic Movement.
- Hours of Gameplay.
- Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
- iCloud Saves (also compatible with the Mac version of the game). Map Zoom.
About Hunted Cow:
Hunted Cow Studios is a leading game developer and publisher which was founded in 2003. Their most popular browser game is Fallen Sword which has attracted over four million players since its launch in 2006.
Hunted Cow’s flagship 3D MMO Eldevin, originally a browser-only game, recently received a desktop client release and has been well received by gamers and critics alike.
Hunted Cow are also continually improving their other games, such as Fallen Sword, as well as releasing innovative strategy and roleplaying titles on mobiles and tablets.
Hunted Cow and HexWar have a strong portfolio of iOS games, including Tank Battle: North Africa, which won the “Game of the Week” award on Pocket Gamer.
Hunted Cow also prides itself on working with other talented developers to bring their games to a wider audience. Developers interested in discussing collaborations can email [email protected]
About Hexwar Ltd,
HexWar Ltd. is based in Fortrose in the North of Scotland and develops a wide range of games for PC, Apple Mac, iPhone, iPod, and iPad.
Marketing and Social Media
T: +44 (0)1343 559081
E: [email protected]
E: [email protected]