Russian Front releases today!September 18th, 2014
18th September 2014
Press / Business Contact
PC / Mac Price
iPad / Android Price
Hunted Cow’s most ambitious WW2 strategy game releases today!
Hunted Cow’s first WW2 grand strategy game Russian Front, developed jointly by Electric Rune and HexWar, releases today on PC, Mac, Kindle Fire HD and Android tablets. An iPad version is also in development and due for release in early October.
Russian Front is Hunted Cow’s most ambitious strategy game yet, an operational-level game with a wider scope than any of our previous titles. The battle for the Russian Front was a pivotal moment in World War 2, and this game gives it the scale it deserves.
The colossal 108 turn campaign, playable as both Germans and Russians, starts in the early days of Operation Barbarossa and follows the German invasion of Russia through to its ultimate failure.. Four shorter Operations are also available, spanning 16 turns each, take place from June to December of each year and offer a more condensed experience.
The bitter weather on the Eastern Front was as much a danger as the opposing forces, and the game reflects this with a seasonal cycle that has a profound effect on your tactics as you struggle to hold out through the vicious Winter until reinforcements arrive in Summer. Players must also deal with fog of war effects, and try to cut off their opponent's supply lines, while ensuring their own stay secure.
Andrew Mulholland, Director at Hunted Cow says “With the release of Russian Front it marks our first (of many) PC strategy releases. We’re always keen to work with talented developers such as Electric Rune to develop high quality strategy games that complement the Hunted Cow portfolio.”
Allan Floyd, CEO of Electric Rune says “Working with Hunted Cow has been a great opportunity to use our HexTech framework in its first game application. Russian Front captures the large scale of the eastern campaign in 3D and puts it at your fingertips. ”
Key Game Features
- Play the colossal 108 turn campaign, or pick from 4 other points in history to start from.
- Large 3D map representing the entire Eastern Front; stretching from Berlin to Stalingrad.
- Play as both the Soviet and German army, each with unique tanks, vehicles and uniforms.
- 4 Historical Operations: Barbarossa, Case Blue, Citadel and Bagration.
- Real historical Corps and Armies from several countries.
- Strategically reinforce units in vital locations.
- Selectable difficulty to tailor your experience to your play style.